ATHENS, W.Va. – Concord University’s Center for Academic and Career Development will host a career fair and teacher recruitment day in the Jean and Jerry L. Beasley Student Center on March 15.
Employers and other vendors will set up in the ballroom on the third floor and school districts will be in the State Room, located on the second floor. Doors will open for potential applicants at 10 a.m. and will remain open until 2 p.m.
Representatives from several organizations have already registered to attend, including the following:
- Beckley Sanitary Board
- Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
- Concord University
- FCI Beckley
- First Community Bank
- Giles County Public Schools
- McDowell County Schools
- Mountain State Centers for Independent Living
- Pulaski County Public Schools
- Roanoke City, VA Public Schools
- Stevens Correctional Center
- US District Court, Southern District of WV
- Virginia State Police
- WV Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- WV Army National Guard
- WV Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
- WVRC Media
- Bland County Public Schools
- Enterprise Holdings
- Federal Bureau of Prisons – Mid-Atlantic Region
- Franklin County, VA Public Schools
- Greenbrier County Schools
- Montgomery County Schools
- Nicholas County Schools
- Raleigh County Schools
- Southern Highlands Community Mental Health Center
- The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives – OHIO
- WV DHHR
- WV State Auditor – Chief Inspection Division
- WV Department of Transportation
- WV State Government Division of Personnel
- WVU Medicine – PCH
- WVVA Television, Inc.
There are still some available slots for employers to register. Use the following link: https://concord.joinhandshake.com/emp/career_fairs/38277
For more information, contact Phil Lewis, director of Career Services, at 304-384-6292 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with disabilities should contact Nancy Ellison, 1-304-384-6086 or 1-800-344-6679 extension 6086 if special assistance is required for access to an event scheduled by the University on campus.
Office of Advancement
PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712
After 4 p.m.