Applications are currently being accepted at Concord University for the Pathways Scholarship. This scholarship is geared toward retention efforts with the goal of helping Concord students finish their degree programs.
For the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year, 35 scholarships totaling $2000 each will be presented in $1000 per semester awards to rising or current Concord sophomores, juniors or seniors who meet eligibility requirements.
The Pathways Scholarship is administered by the Concord University Foundation and funds are raised by the Office of Advancement. The Maier Foundation of Charleston, W.Va. provides a 50 percent match. In its fifth year, $300,000 will be raised and a $150,000 matched by the Maier Foundation. So far, 140 Concord students have been financially assisted to date.
The deadline for applications is Friday, April 24, 2020. Students applying for the scholarship must complete an application by the deadline and meet the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a rising or current Concord University sophomore, junior or senior.
- Recipient must be a West Virginia resident.
- Recipient must have a minimum 2.0 Concord University cumulative GPA.
- Recipient must have financial need as determined by the Concord University Financial Aid Office.
- Recipient must have a completed FAFSA on file for the next academic year.
Students interested in applying should go to www.concord.edu/pathways
For additional information on the Pathways Scholarship or to contribute to this important fund, please contact the Concord University Foundation at email@example.com or 304-384-6316.
Sarah M. Pritchett
Office of Advancement
PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712
(304) 384-6312, firstname.lastname@example.org
After 4 p.m.