ATHENS, W.Va. – Concord University’s Graphic Design program has been recognized among the best in the state by Animation Career Review.
Concord is ranked #3 in the Top Graphic Design School Programs in West Virginia – 2019 College Rankings. Criteria used to determine the rankings are academic reputation, admission selectivity, depth and breadth of the program, and value as it relates to tuition and indebtedness.
“We are honored to be selected as one of the best Graphic Design Programs in West Virginia. Concord’s Advertising/Graphic Design program offers a wide array of learning opportunities for students.”Kevin Bennington, Associate Professor of Art
Bennington noted that among these opportunities are:
- The program relies heavily on the Studio Art Core, which is comprised of an assortment of studio-based courses that give students a greater knowledge-base of artistic skills that not all graphic design programs offer.
- Field trips to museums, exhibitions, printing companies and advertising firms are planned on a regular basis.
- The program offers a state-of-the-art technology Mac based computer lab, with hardware and software that follows the industry standards for graphic design professionals.
- The progression of students is first monitored with a Sophomore Review that includes a mini-portfolio and essay that are reviewed by the faculty of the Programs of Art.
- In their junior year, students create a portfolio and resume that is assessed with a mock interview conducted by the faculty of the Programs of Art.
- Also during their junior year, students have local, national and international internship opportunities with many distinctive employers.
- For both junior and senior years, many real-life experiences are incorporated with businesses and clients inside and outside the classroom.
- In their senior year, students are required to create and display a Senior Exhibition based upon their interest and focus of their artistic skills.
“We are very proud of what the Advertising/Graphic Design Program offers our students in the region. Our current and future students have opportunities to gain expertise in the areas of studio art, illustration, print design and web design,”Kevin Bennington
To learn more about Concord’s Advertising/Graphic Design program, please contact Mr. Kevin Bennington, Associate Professor of Art, M.F.A. at 304-384-6285 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the rankings may be found here.
Persons with disabilities should contact Nancy Ellison, 1-304-384-6086 or 1-800-344-6679 extension 6086 if special assistance is required for access to an event scheduled by the University on campus.
Sarah M. Pritchett
Office of Advancement
PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712
(304) 384-6312, email@example.com
After 4 p.m.